- Courier collection: arrange via your online account, the Hermes website or app, or by calling us
- Locker drop-off: find your nearest location by visiting the Hermes website or app
- Many local convenience stores offer a ParcelShop return service: look out for the Hermes logo
- If you don't have a printer and you need a replacement label, you can request a QR code from the Hermes website and scan this at your local ParcelShop
With the app, you can also:
- Leave your return in a safe place, take a picture of it and notify the courier of the exact location using the ‘My Places’ feature
- Find your nearest Hermes ParcelShop and locker
- Track your parcels in real-time, and divert a delivery if you’re not going to be in
This can be downloaded from the Google Play / App store through your phone.
Our return label no longer includes Post Office returns, but you can still obtain a Post Office label by signing into your online account and selecting 'Arrange a Return' - just search for our brand in the list of retailers on the Royal Mail website. If you don’t have a printer, don’t worry! A QR code will also be sent to your mobile, and the Post Office will scan this code and print the parcel label.
- You can visit the Asda 'toyou' website to print a label, or generate a QR code to print in-store
- You can also go to the in-store kiosk and print a label by selecting our brand
Getting your parcel ready to return
- Include the advice note in your parcel, with the reason for return marked (if you don't have this, just include a note with your name/account number/address/item numbers and reason for return)
- Repackage your goods securely and attach the label to the outside
- Make sure you get a receipt and keep it safe until your return has been processed
- Allow up to 14 days for your return to be processed.